Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Love of My Life

I've been going through old photos and found a few that warmed my heart and I felt the need to share. The first one is the photo we have dubbed "Andrew's coming out of the closet" photo. No, not THAT closet. It was the first time I brought him to meet my friends ... I think we became virtually inseparable after that. How cute are we???





This is our first Christmas together.









And this is around the time we got engaged.









I'm so looking forward to having this wonderful man of mine back in our lives again. Not that he wasn't in our lives during his deployment ... we emailed and/or spoke on the phone or via Skype every day. But having him physically present will be such a joy. My mind doesn't quite comprehend that he's coming home. You see, it wasn't just the seven months plus that he's been deployed that we've been apart. We joke that we lived together before we got married (*gasp / cough*), but we haven't steadily lived together since! There have been times when we've shared the same address, but for the most part he was either living and working in a different province, or training for his deployments, or serving stints overseas. And there is also some up-in-the-air-ness right now as to his actual return date so the countdown has kinda hit a wall ... something that always helps put things in perspective.

Regardless, he will be home by this time next week. And absence does make the heart grow fonder after all. I also think, at least in this instance, it has made our marriage grow stronger.

Andrew, you are and always will be my one great love & I can't wait to hurtle myself into your arms once again. To show you how much you're appreciated, and to thank you for choosing l'il ole me.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all are so stinkin' cute! It kinda makes me sick (in a good way)! I'm so excited that he is almost home and I can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things you'll do together as a family. Hoping these last few days FLY by.

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I can totally sense your excitement through what you wrote. I can't wait for you guys to be together again!

    PS - I LOVED looking at the old photos. You guys were pretty stinkin' cute (and still are!) It was also a view into the many hairstyles of Ingrid :)

    ReplyDelete