Monday, May 3, 2010

It's May!!!!

April showers bring May flowers ... and May brings hubby! Yes, the time is finally winding down and Andrew will be home again (barring any unforeseen major airline or, let's face it, "stupid military" interruptions) before the month is out.

I'm looking forward to just having him home, getting in our way, taking up his allotted space in the kitchen, bed & bath, snoring -- all the stuff you never think you'll miss. Granted, I'm also looking forward to handing over some of the tasks so rudely and abruptly placed on me in his absence: car & house maintenance, scooping up doggie land-mines in the yard, COOKING, and keeping my sanity (which, in his defence, he actually did really well from half-way across the world). And, of course, all the REALLY good stuff ... *wink*

As much as I love her, I'm also looking forward to handing over half of the responsibility where Maaike is concerned. I know it may take a while before all three of us are comfortable with all that entails, but it's also very important for the sake of all three of us to "git 'er done".

So I'm counting. Counting the days until I can wake up Maaike and tell her we're going to get Da-ee at the airport. Counting the minutes until we see him come through the gate. Counting the seconds until I see Maaike catapult herself into his arms. And then, before you can even blink, ya'll can watch me do the same ...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, that was such a cute post to read! I'm glad your guy will be home safely very soon and I hope your transition back to a family of 3 will be seamless. Blessings to you friend!

    ReplyDelete