Monday, April 26, 2010

A Must Read!!!

After writing my last post, a friend of mine lent me this book. It is awesome!!!! It is reassuring, funny, honest, and really hits home. Common sensical stuff that you need to hear when you're stumbling through the unknown world of parenting.

The website "Anne Coates, Parenting Without Tears", provides a great description:

There are a good number of the every-day but bizarre tales which will ring true for anyone with children. That said, there is also plenty of sensible advice from an author with many years' experience of bringing up children. ... It’s the sort of book which you would pick up now and then, rather than read in one go, perhaps when you’ve had a particularly bad day! It’s a book which will lift the spirits, and combined with some helpful and inspiring ideas, it should give parents a boost to start the next day on better footing!

Not my normal blog post but I also know I'm not the only one out there in need of a little reassurance from time-to-time!

There you go, Mr. Templar. I felt I owed you one ...

1 comment:

  1. Richard Templar! I read his " The Rules of Management" when I was a young supervisor and found it CRAZY helpful, so of course I picked up "The Rules of Parenting" when I was pregnant the first time around. I haven't read too much of it (funny how you do less of that when you have a child, huh?) but I've enjoyed what I have read. I really like that each "rule" is only a couple pages long, so I don't need to invest too much time to get something out of it.
    Glad it lifted your spirits!

    ReplyDelete