Monday, September 12, 2011

A much needed "time out"

This weekend Andrew & I took off for a weekend together ... alone.  It was a long time coming.  Although we have been out on dates together, and I have left Maaike with my parents for one overnight while Andrew was away, I don't think we've even gone for an overnight together as a couple since Maaike has been born.  Ya, she's almost 4!  Did I mention a long time coming???  And this was two nights away.  Honestly, I was more worried about how I'd do being away from her than how she'd do hanging with her BFF Isaiah and fam.

Yes, while we spent the weekend vacationing in St. Andrew's, NB, our great friends, Rob, Connie & Isaiah, took in Maaike for the weekend.  Their fun included a trip to King's Landing.  Maaike can't stop talking about her weekend.  She did really well.  So proud!  And so awesome that we could get away knowing she was happy and having fun.  Shall we do this again next weekend, folks?  : )














No comments:

Post a Comment