Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Glad I didn't miss ...

... the beach!  Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.  The perfect beach day.  So, I had a brilliant idea: let's go to the beach!  Maaike was so excited when I picked her up from casual care and asked if she wanted to go swimming in the salty water.

When we arrived at Parlee, the tide was just going out, there weren't too many people, there was a little wind so there were little waves -- all that AND free parking ('cause it's off season)!  I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to grab life by the horns and enjoy the salty sea air with my little "fish".  We built castles and mud pies and walked the water's edge and searched for sea shells and talked about sea weed and just had a perfectly awesome day.

I'm so glad I didn't miss that.


No comments:

Post a Comment