Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Busted for Being Well-Behaved

When I picked up Maaike from preschool today, her teacher told me the kids in the class were each given a special item from the Director of the centre that morning. I guess there was a line up for the washroom and the kids were waiting in the hall for their class's turn to do their business. Well, the Director took notice of how quietly and patiently they were waiting and awarded them each with a little coin that says, "I was caught being good."

I love this concept!

In my never to be humble opinion, this should be common practice among human beings everywhere. How often do we jump to criticize, judge and hurtle insults at people? Maybe if someone just handed us a little shiny coin acknowledging our accomplishments rather than our failures, the world would simply be a better place. Food for thought ...

No comments:

Post a Comment