Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Witty Wednesday

Last night I woke to the sounds of a 2-pack-a-day smoker coming through the "baby" monitor. I had an internal argument about getting up and checking, trying to convince myself that our darling 3-year-old had just turned around and was facing the receiver at the end of her bed or that we were getting some bad feed-back from outside influences. Regardless, I finally lost the battle and dragged my tired (read: lazy) bones out from my cozy cocoon. Good thing I did as she really was wheezing quite badly, and when she awoke, that she had quite a "whooping-style" cough. As we have been through this before, we knew to get some warm mist into the air as soon as possible.

Where is the wit in this, you ask?

This morning Maaike pointed into her room and asked where the fire was. As I often misunderstand this little wonder's attempts at getting across her point of view, I asked her to repeat the question. She said, "Where is the fire? Daddy's fire?" It all came together when she pointed at the humidifier that Daddy had set up the night before on the floor of her room. Yes, I guess that would be the portion of the word she would understand ...

1 comment:

  1. Witty Wednesday - I like it! That is a pretty cute story - sad that it happened, but I love it. What she took away from that word makes perfect sense. Hoping she is feeling better soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete