Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reading

Maaike loves reading. From the time she was a small baby, we have read to her before bed time. And for as long as I can remember, we have left books in her bed after we've read them and turned off the light, only to hear her through the monitor reading them back to herself by the light of her "spoka" night light. This week, Maaike has been "pretending" more than ever, especially with her dolls, and I caught her going through our bedtime routine with her baby, which included reading many, many books! I'm so proud.

I also caught a magic moment between father and daughter during their evening reading session ... the look on Maaike's face was so priceless, so interested in the books Daddy was reading. She loves going to the library and getting new ones to read. I thought this latest book was perfect for a photo op, given its title ...


And finally there is a new book in town ... on top of all the books we brought home from the library: the Toys 'R Us Christmas catalogue arrived on our doorstep this week. Yes, it has started already, and she's not even 3 years old. But its a new fave in our household. Maaike will sit for hours flipping the pages, pointing out toys and saying, "Maybe I can have an [insert toy]?" It's a riot and I'm totally enjoying every moment of it. Bring on Christmas!!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment