Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Internal Review

In the last weeks I:

~ went to three Halloween parties for my child (only one of which she agreed to wear a costume to);

~ have been worried I may never be able to explain in toddler terms how important it is to not hold in her poopy;

~ have been CRAZY tired;

~ couldn't quite get warm;

~ have been thinking about going back to work;

~ was envious of people getting new vehicles when my little red "lemon" (???) is once again giving us grief;

~ put my family (read: me!) on a spending moratorium. Where does the $$$ go every month???

~ realized I have two months until my little girl turns 3. THREE! Wow. That seems so old;

~ came to the conclusion that keeping one step ahead of my housework will never happen. I scrubbed this house crazy yesterday and already I see tumbleweeds of fur on the floor;

~ had to scare monsters out of my girl's room for the first time. They were stuck in her blanket so we shook out the blanket and danced the "run away monsters" dance. Fortunately, they listened and promised to never come back;

~ added another exercise day to my workout routine;

~ have, for the most part, kept my paws out of the Halloween candy ... save and except that little bag of Nibs. But I think there were only 10 of those delectable little red bites in there anyway, so that doesn't count ... right???

~ got into a jean skirt I haven't worn in MANY years, and found a pair of jeans at VV which is 2-3 sizes smaller (depending on brand -- why can't they be consistent?) than I was wearing just 6 months ago. Yay, running!

~ realized I've been with Andrew for 7 years already. Time seems to be going as fast as $$$ around here ... ;

~ have enjoyed how much more animated Maaike is becoming, participating in things, pretending, reacting to and acting out her videos, and calling her Momma on things she misses or makes mistakes in. Yes, it's started already;

~ was again reminded that certain people enter and exit your life for good reason, and some you'll miss more than others;

~ have been looking forward to the snow, if only to see the excitement generating from my daughter's eyes. She asks to make a snowman every time she sees a semblance of a flake;

~ haven't been able to find a good final point to this internal review, so am just going to let it be at that ... if only I could do that in all aspects of my life!


1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I hadn't read this until right now, and it's funny that so much of this came out of my mouth as well during our conversation the other day! The struggles of a SAHM I guess - glad to have you to walk alongside, atleast.
    xo

    ReplyDelete